Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Trivia, Beer and Hymns and a Red Wine Hangover


Last week was such a fun week. The release of Pequod on Thursday, Trivia and “Red Wine Hangover” on Friday, the Wild West charity event followed by “Montez and the Groove Machine” on Saturday, then, Beer and Hymns on Sunday. Not to mention Mayday’s participation in The Gatsby Party to benefit the Alzheimer’s Association. So much going on and so much more planned. Now that the weather is warming up plan to spend some time on the fantastic Mayday deck. I love the view of the courthouse from my spot on the deck.

The performance by “Red Wine Hangover” on Friday was phenomenal. Ozzy did the vocals on their song “Spins” and he killed it! I had so much fun and even had to break down and dance a little on the last song. Hard to resist the urge to move to great music, especially when there is so much energy in the room. I’m pretty sure the crowd was equally as impressed. There was a large turnout that kept the beautiful ladies behind the bar incredibly busy, but they rocked it!!
I met Mr. Dylan Hagewood on Thursday. He was full of fun and very interesting conversation. This dude knew a lot about seed. He sells the seed that grows the barley that is malted to brew the delicious Mayday beer. “He is Genesis and I am Revelation” as Ozzy says.  The interesting people that come here are part of what make my job so much fun.

I always meet cool people at Mayday, like Ashlie and Frank. They are a fascinating, eclectic, hippie couple that are always smiling and fun to hangout with. I had no idea, but Ozzy says they play great bluegrass music. Catch their show on April Fool’s Day at 6:00 at the brewery. Then there is Vanessa and Spencer whom I met on one of the fabulous tours. They were doing an excellent job of adding spice to the tour. Keeping up with Ozzy on a tour can be challenging, but they nailed it. Group participation is always welcome. By the way, I also got to help out Saturday with some of the activities, and.even got to go behind the bar for a few moments…that was definitely a very proud highlight of my day. Haha.


Come out this week and experience all the fabulous activities, music and people at Mayday. The St. Patrick’s Day party on Thursday will be great. Music will start with Irish tunes from Festivus Players at 4:30 then at 6:00 “Tom Mason & The Blue Buccaneers” will having everyone singing like a pirate. There will be  beer specials and delicious Irish fare from the My Roots Food Truck. I expect to see you there and meet some more cool people. And don’t miss out on a tour and a loving hug from Ozzy.


No comments:

Post a Comment