Thursday, February 18, 2016

Mardi Gras, Boro Art Crawl and Hot Chicken on a Waffle


 Wow! Last week at Mayday was amazing! Huge crowds, great music, way cool art, Hot Chicken Waffle Sliders, and tons of fun! In just the few short months I've been here, I've developed a sense of ownership, a feeling that I want Mayday to do well and succeed. I want everything to look good and be nice and everyone that comes to enjoy themselves. That's part of the attraction to Mayday and I am so excited when I see huge crowds of people come out. This week was an example of how great the experience can be. I am fairly certain many people that came out agreed.

The week started with a Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras celebration. Tim Carroll and Luella treated us with a wonderful show that night. They were so much fun and their old-school rock and roll sound was great. There were several new people and a very nice crowd for a Tuesday.

Friday was the Boro Art Crawl which was huge! Friday night had a packed house of lots of new people. There were all kinds of beautiful art on display, some body painting and very interesting people. My friend Linsey came from Paducah to hangout and check out Mayday and loved it. Everyone had such a good time and was so friendly and happy. The Chocolate Raspberry Stout small batch was delicious also. "Thelma and the Sleaze" rocked it late into the night to benefit “Reclaim Ourselves.”
Saturday began with Yoga in the brewery at 1:00 and was followed by the “Love Bites” Anti-Valentine’s Day Party. It was also a full house and lots of fun decorations. My Roots Food Truck introduced the Hot Chicken Waffle Sliders which were a huge hit! I think they have decided to keep those on the menu for a while (just in case you missed out). “The Secret Commonwealth” put on an excellent show and there was lots of fun playing darts and drinking the amazing Red Hibiscus Sour. 
I had such a good time this week, and loved seeing everyone else having a good time as well. Mayday has so many fun things planned, so get out of the house and come by. More great music and fun is scheduled for this weekend. I will be there both Friday and Saturday so make sure to introduce yourself and tell me your Mayday story.

No comments:

Post a Comment